Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 2 on Rio Tigre Island 6/17/12

Woke up at 4:30 am to drums today starting out the Kuna Pre Father's Day Festival. After getting up to the drums and screeching cats we got around and ate hot oatmeal that was made over a fire. Now I am at the beach for my quiet time. We will have quiet time each day from 7 - 8am which we will be reading our Bible, writing in our journals and talking to God.

Today I found a seashell for my little sister, Chloe.
The sand here on the island is not really like sand to me it's just really rough broken up seashells.
Tonight at the festival we got to dance and all the guys in our group danced with the girls from the island and most of them were all my age. It was weird for men to be dancing with girls that were so young but everyone laughed and joked with me that I found someone my age on this trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment