First day on the island. Woke up at 5am today to get in the jeeps for a drive that seemed liked it took 8 hours. We drove to the dock to catch a boat that would take us over to our island we were assigned to. Our team made it to the dock early so we were all able to play soccer together before the boat arrived. If you needed to use the restroom while you were at the dock, you had to pay $0.25 to a person who worked by the restrooms. I tried to drink as little as possible this morning. Once we were on the boat, I sat beside Ed which was our project director. I was so tired that I fell asleep on him. Sorry Ed. As we arrived at Rio Tigre there was a Kuna lady walking out the dock to the restroom. Courtney waved a big hello to her and the lady smiled really big and flipped Courtney off. I couldn't help but laugh and I wondered if she knew what that meant to Americans. All the kids were there waiting anxiously for us 2 boys that stood out to me, their names were Kenya who was about 9 or 10 and Miguel who was 8.

Even though they didn't speak English they were the sweetest and funniest boys on the whole island. I have a bunch a favorites besides Kenya & Miguel but I love them all so much already and I love Panama!
No comments:
Post a Comment